The Fred Hollows Foundation has been established for more than two decades and is working in more than 25 countries worldwide. We set up our Hong Kong office
in 2015 aiming to reach out to the increasing number of needlessly blind in the Asia region.
Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, we continued to grow in all areas of work:
- Supported 890,066 eye operations and treatments
- More than 8 million people were treated with antibiotics for trachoma
- More than 64,000 people were trained, from highly-skilled ophthalmologists to nurses, community health workers and teachers
- $2.4 million worth of medical equipment delivered
- More than 3.7 million school children and community members received eye health education
we screened 486,462 people and performed 167,440 eye operations and treatments including 4,292 cataract surgeries. We also distributed 17,367 pairs of glasses to school students.
Founding Director Gabi Hollows said: “If Fred was alive today, I know he would be blown away by the amount of work that has been done by the Foundation.”
to download our 2015 Global Annual Report, and support
our work here.