For over three decades, The Fred Hollows Foundation has been on a mission to restore sight to those in need. And we're proud to say we've succeeded in helping over 3 million people regain their vision. But it's not just about the numbers; it's about the real-life impact we've had on individuals and communities. Our work has transformed lives in ways that go far beyond restoring sight. It means a young child can attend school with confidence, a mother can witness the joy in her child's eyes, and a father can return to work and provide for his family. At The Fred Hollows Foundation, we measure our success not just by what we've accomplished, but by the tangible benefits our beneficiaries have gained.
A big thank you to our supporters like you, we were able to achieve the following milestones in 2022:
- 3,927,846 people screened
- 516,402 eye operations and treatments performed
- 4,515,199 people treated with antibiotics for trachoma
- 141,789 pairs of glasses distributed
- 53,133 people trained
- 2,572,451 school children and community members educated in eye health and sanitation
- 1,201 medical facilities, training centres, schools and other facilities built, renovated or equipped
In the future, we will continue training more local doctors, nurses, and clinical and community health staff in the countries we work in. We believe investing in local people and equipping facilities is key to creating sustainable change and expanding the reach of eye care services.
Please continue to support us to deliver accessible and affordable eye care services to every corner of the world.
Click here to read our 2022 Annual Report